July 19, 2013 — Simone McCallum
Every week I read lots of fascinating articles on the web or see cool things that I’d like to share with you. So I’m collating them into one Friday post – here are this week’s top 5 for your weekend reading.
- If you don’t want your name used on the right like this, then here is how to opt out of Facebook social ads.
- How would you feel if stores started using your cellphone to track how long you stood in aisle 5? Well, Nordstrom did – this is what happened.
- And speaking of surveillance, this article from NY Times discusses the pros and cons of a surveillance society.
- This is a good tip: how to filter your Google Search results to only show sites you have not visited, or only those you have visited. Here are 6 other Google search tips that you might not know too.
- Lastly, these great clothes from IvaJean are perfect for cycling commuters who don’t want to wear head to toe lycra.